Alumno is conscious of the impact that buildings have on the environment and this is something it wants to minimise. The team has considered the use of Low or Zero Carbon technologies from the initial stages of the design process.
The design team’s approach to the development is: Be lean, be clean, be green − Water conservation;
- High building insulation levels and high air tightness;
- 100% of timber will be FSC accredited;
- Sourcing of local materials where possible;
- Sourcing of materials from recycled or re-used sources;
- Water efficient sanitary systems to promote lower water consumption;
- Low energy white goods; and
- Extensive off-site fabrication to reduce wastage – greater production efficiency.
The development will be BREEAM rated with the aim of achieving a minimum target of ‘Very Good’.